Japan coach Hiroshi Honda at the sidelines during their match against Poland in the 2017 FIVB Volleyball Boys' U19 World Championship
Riffa, Bahrain, August 21, 2017 – Japan coach said that their strategy and defence are getting better after they defeated Poland in four sets in the 2017 FIVB Volleyball Boys’ U19 World Championship at the Isa City Sports Hall on Monday.
Japan coach Hiroshi Honda:
Our strategy and our defence are getting better. Our potential is gradually getting better too. So in our final match in this round, we must do our best to get where want to be. We want to get a good win in our last match against Brazil. I think we have reached 70 per cent of our top level and we still have to work on the other 30 per cent. I am confident that with our potential but we must be 100 per cent when we go to the knockout rounds.
Japan captain Kento Miyaura:
I agree with my coach that we are already 70 per cent there. We still have more to give to reach our full potential. Our combinations in attack are still not enough. We must continue to work hard to be at our best level.Quick links - Volleyball:FIVB Volleyball Boys' U19 World Championship 2017
FIVB Volleyball Boys' U19 World Championship 2017 - ScheduleFIVB Volleyball Boys' U19 World Championship 2017 - Teams
FIVB.com - VolleyballFIVB.com
Latest VideosFacebookTwitterInstagramMedia Guides
Poland coach Maciej Zendel:
We played like we did in our loss yesterday. We made too many mistakes. We are capable of winning games, but when we make too many mistakes like today, we don’t give ourselves a chance to play. We still have a chance to qualify for the Round of 16. If we win tomorrow and Cuba lose against Brazil today, we will advance, but if we play like today then it will be very difficult.Poland captain Szymon Jezierski:
We still believe we can go to the next round. But we are in a very bad situation right now and we lost again. We must find something that gives us a chance to win. Nothing is working in our plays at the moment. We still believe that we can do it but we must do something in our last match in the preliminaries.